Friday, July 25, 2008

Ronnie Gaska: Temporarily fucked.

Stolen from www.ronniegaska.com:
"As you may or may not know I have broken my left leg and severely bruised my left shoulder during the running of the Masters class main event on day 2 of the Music City National in Nashville Tennessee. The leg injury is a Tibial Plateau Fracture which is really more like a broken knee. The doctors have not evaluated my shoulder at this point due to the severity of my leg injury but I do know that no bones in my shoulder have been broken. After getting a second opinion it has been decided that the injury to my leg is far too serious to chance letting it heal without surgery.

I have been scheduled for surgery at St. Charles hospital on Saturday, July 26, 2008 at 8 AM. The surgery will include the addition of a metal plate and some screws that will hold the broken section of the bone in place (an internal cast) so that there is no guessing at how the bone will heal. There are also some floating bone fragments that will need to be removed. The surgery will be followed by 8 weeks in a brace with 0 weight being applied to my left leg, followed by physical therapy.

I was also informed that there is a good chance that I will lose some range of motion in my left knee. I was told that I would not even be able to think about riding BMX for at least 6 months and that it is possible that I will not return to the level that I was at when I got injured.

They tell me I will be in the hospital through Sunday, possibly Monday and that I will be in excruciating pain.
I will try to post updates as frequently as possible.

Thanks to everyone for being positive and being there for me!"

I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say you're gunna be in my thoughts this weekend dude.


He's going to be making this face alot.

No comments: