Tuesday, January 6, 2009

When Long Island use to run BMX. Thanks Keith Mulligan(you don't even know I am posting this) and Rich Soper.

Rich posted a few zines from... 1991 on his face book. I was 5 years old in 1991, and didn't start riding bikes until 3-4 years later.
Everytime I hear stories of the shit that happened back then, I get jealous. It's funny how some of the big names today are in this first zine I am posting, it's called stewZ.

Ohh, and I am picking up the shirts from Supes tomorrow.



Oh, and I am resizing everything to keep it neat, but click the photo to see it full size.

Meatball is one of those crazy dudes. He was always at the bike shop when I was growing up. One bay he put his arm through a plate glass window at a bar and got totally fucked up. One day he came in telling us how the Sunday prior, he left $2(or whatever it cost) ont he counter at 7-11, and walked out with beer, because they wouldnt sell him beer, and then got hit by a car, and was worried he was going to be fucked for 'stealing' the beer.

Brian Foster and Ronnie Gaska. "Ronine Gaska likes to clean his bike as frequently as possible and is King Smooth." Some things never change.

I think the only time I ever knowingly met Tim Strileckie was at South Park 7-8 years ago. He wanted me to do the truffle shuffle. :(

Robo doing what we would now call a 'turndown.'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm not quite sure who you are but I was one of the groupies/girlfiriends who spent many hours trailside with these guys mentioned above. These are some of the best memories I have from that time of my life. I to this day use my daisy nation and fat relics shirst as pjs. Thanks for posting the oldies. Great memories!

ANTHONY said...

Lots of old memories here!!! I used to go to BMX Country and watch this guy they called meatball and Steve Boyle (Bird) ride. It fuckin blew me away as a 12 yr. old kid on a huffy wishing I could hit jumps like they did. Tony C. treated everyone with respect!!!! I miss those times!